Reception H and B 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Reception
Class Teachers - Miss Hodson & Miss Brown
Teaching Assistants - Miss Toya & Mrs Akintunde
Outreach TA - Mrs Cavanagh
Our topic question is -
Isn't it Great to Cebrate?
As a Historian, I can:
Discuss the celebrations I remember and learn about celebrations that happened before I was born. I will:
- Remember and talk about significant events in my own experience
- Recognise and describe special times or events for family or friends.
- Talk about past and present events in my own life and in the lives of family members.
As a Geographer, I can:
Learn about celebrations from different parts of the world. I will:
- Comment and asks questions about aspects of my familiar world such as the place where I live or the natural world.
- Talk about the features of my own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another
- Know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families, communities and traditions.
As an Artist/Designer I can:
Express myself in various ways. I will:
- sing songs, make music and dance
- Create simple representations of events, people and objects.
- Represent my own ideas, thoughts and feelings through design and technology, art, music, dance, role play and stories.
As a Scientist, I can:
Celebrate the seasons changing from Autumn to Winter. I will:
- Look closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change
- Talk about some of the things I have observed such as plants, animals, natural and found objects.
- Talk about why things happen and how things work
Subject specific vocabulary:
- Bonfire Night
- Remeberence Day
- Chinese New Year
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Files to Download
Reception H and B: News items
Reception H and B: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception H and B: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception H and B: Events items
There are no Events items to display
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us