Year 2H - Miss Hyde and Mrs Hodson 2020 - 2021
What habitat do you live in?
Welcome to Year 2H
Miss Hyde & Mrs Hodson
This half term we will be learning about animals and their habitats. We will also be linking this to the children's previous knowledge of continents and oceans when using maps and globes to locate habitats.
- Dead or Alive? -Understand the 7 life processes and identify if something is living or dead.
- What am I? - Identify animals and plants in our local environment.
- Where do I live? - Identify different animals' habitats around the world.
- Why do animals need plants? - explain how plants and animals in a habitat depend on each other.
- What is a food chain? - Identify living things and how they are arranged into food chains
Our famous person this half term is Pilipili Mulongoy, a famous Congalese painter. Pilipili was close to nature and to the traditional world. Each of his paintings tells a story from ancient legends and tales. Each scene is painted with great care, with touches of bright colours to create movement. His paintings are dreamlike and colourful. He died in 2007.
As a Rights Respecting School we will be looking at Article 29 in Year 2...
'I have the right to be the best I can be.'
The British value we are looking at is Tolerance:
PE kits have not to be brought into school this half term however children can wear their PE clothes to school. This should be a white tshirt and black jogging bottoms or leggings with trainers. The children should wear their school jumpers as normal. PE is on a Tuesday and Thursday.
Year 2 homework at the moment is reading at home. Please read with your child at least 3 times a week to support their learning in school.
Files to Download
Year 2H - Miss Hyde and Mrs Hodson: News items
Year 2H - Miss Hyde and Mrs Hodson: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2H - Miss Hyde and Mrs Hodson: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 2H - Miss Hyde and Mrs Hodson: Events items
There are no Events items to display
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us