Year 2W - Miss Waddell and Miss Hussain 2020 - 2021
What habitat do you live in?
Welcome to Year 2W
Miss Waddell & Miss Hussain
This half term we will be learning about animals and their habitats. We will also be linking this to the children's previous knowledge of continents and oceans when using maps and globes to locate habitats.
- Dead or Alive? -Understand the 7 life processes and identify if something is living or dead.
- What am I? - Identify animals and plants in our local environment.
- Where do I live? - Identify different animals' habitats around the world.
- Why do animals need plants? - explain how plants and animals in a habitat depend on each other.
- What is a food chain? - Identify living things and how they are arranged into food chains
Our famous person this half term is Pilipili Mulongoy, a famous Congalese painter. Pilipili was close to nature and to the traditional world. Each of his paintings tells a story from ancient legends and tales. Each scene is painted with great care, with touches of bright colours to create movement. His paintings are dreamlike and colourful. He died in 2007.
As a Rights Respecting School we will be looking at Article 29 of the Children charter -
'The right to be the best you can be.'
The British value we are looking at is Tolerance:
PE kits have not to be brought into school this half term however children can bring in trainers or plimsoles to keep in class and change into for PE sessions. PE is on a Monday and Thursday.
Year 2 homework at the moment is reading at home. Please read with your child at least 3 times a week to support their learning in school.
Files to Download
Year 2W - Miss Waddell and Miss Hussain: News items
Year 2W - Miss Waddell and Miss Hussain: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2W - Miss Waddell and Miss Hussain: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 2W - Miss Waddell and Miss Hussain: Events items
There are no Events items to display
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us