Vision Mission Statement
**REACH FOR THE STARS**
**CROSSLEE COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL**
Our mission statement “REACH FOR THE STARS’’ reflects our focus on high aspirations for all through a knowledge-engaged curriculum. We aim to ensure that the children at our school are provided with high quality learning experiences based on a broad and balanced knowledge engaged curriculum where children learn skills alongside knowledge, ensuring that both are explicitly developed, equipping pupils for their next stage in education.
We aim to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of all pupils at the school. Developing strength of character and preparing our children for the challenges, opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
At Crosslee Community Primary School we believe that a happy child is a successful one and we are focused on developing the whole child. We are committed to providing a positive, caring, safe, stimulating and interactive learning environment whilst promoting our values of READY, RESPECTFUL and SAFE. Children’s views are valued whilst appreciating the views of others and the potential to change views with new experiences and information. The Rights of the Child and British Values are reflected throughout our ethos and curriculum, providing opportunities to develop effective citizenship. We aim for all our learners to enjoy and have fun in their learning, allowing them to achieve their true potential to become independent, life-long learners with a strong sense of self-belief. Children are well supported to meet their needs in terms of their mental health, social and emotional and physical wellbeing.
We believe that education should take place in a fully inclusive environment with equal opportunities for all. That children should learn to value religious, cultural and social differences. We aim to develop pupils with positive attitudes to learning, empathy and support for others, good manners and resilience. We are now aiming to develop a greater focus on the bigger picture with a more significant global element to our learning opportunities to support and care for our changing world and communities.
As a school we value:
- * The happiness and safety of our children, families and staff.
- * Caring staff who respect and know the children very well.
- * The development of self-confidence, self-motivation, independence, perseverance and resilience. Aiming to develop a ‘Can do’ attitude and a hunger for learning.
- * Co-operation, collaboration and teamwork.
- * An understanding that being challenged and making mistakes is all part of learning and we aim to develop a growth mind-set.
- * Exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoor and outdoor, where children can explore, discover and experiment with enthusiasm and pupils respect and appreciate their learning environment.
- * The natural environment and sustainability, the local community and our wider global impact and responsibility.
- * A stimulating, challenging, technological and memorable curriculum, reflecting pupils’ interests and suited to children’s varied needs. A focus on key and basic skills. Thus enabling our children to reach their true potential across all areas of learning.
- * A focus on language development for all our children to develop their reading, communication and conversation skills.
- * Opportunities beyond the classroom with a range of trips, visitors, adventures and exploration to hook our pupils into their learning and to develop a hunger to discover new things and experiences.
- * Praise and celebration of the achievements of all pupils.
- * Raising aspirations, opening up wider opportunities, and developing a love of learning throughout life.
- * Preparing children for their next step in education at High school.
- * Working in partnership with others to meet the needs of all our children, their families and the wider community.
- * All aspects of British life and culture, celebrating differences, diversity, core values and preparing children for life in Modern Britain. The British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance.
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us