YEAR 5S 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 5S
Please ensure your child brings their reading book everyday and reads at home where possible.
Homework and spellings are given out on Friday's and expected in for the following Friday.
PE will be on Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure your child has suitable footwear as part of their PE kit. PE kit is black shorts/trousers and a plain white t-shirt.
We will have a spelling test every Friday so please practice throughout the week.
Our topic this half term is: Space
We will be learning about the following:
- Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies
- Describe the movement of the Earth, and other planets, relative to the Sun in the solar system.
- Use the idea of the Earth's rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the sun across the sky.
- Describe the movement of the Moon relative to the Earth.
- Research the Apollo 11 space mission.
- Who the first people were to reach the moon.
In Maths we are focusing on place value.
In English we will be writing a newspaper report based on the moon landing and then independently write a newspaper report about an event that has happened at school.
As Artists we will improve our art and design techniques.We will talk about great artists, architects and designers in history.
YEAR 5S: News items
Relationships, Sex and Health Education, by Mrs Waddell
Wellbeing activities at No 93, by Mrs Cavanagh
Christmas Raffle - Win a bike!, by Mrs Tickle
YEAR 5S: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
YEAR 5S: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
YEAR 5S: Events items
Khizra Mosque, by Mrs Tickle
Bridgewater Hall - Big Sing, by Mrs Tickle
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us