YEAR 6GA 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6GA
Class teacher: Miss Gale
Teaching Assistant: Mr Allen
Our PE days this half term are :
Monday outside with the city coach and
The PE kit is either plain blue or black jogging pants / leggings/shorts, a plain white t-shirt and a jumper . Where possible, we are asking if the children could
wear black trainers.
This half term we have forest school each Wednesday, children should come to school in their forest school clothes and bring their unifrom in a bag to change into.
Our topic this half term is monarchs
Was the Queen in good comapnay?
As a Historian, I can:
- Identify where a period of history fits on a time line.
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed through a range of sources.
- Place features of historical events and people from past societies and the past in a chronological order.
- Summarise main events from a specific period in history explaining the order in which the events happened.
- Describe features of historical events and people from past societies.
- Look at 2 different versions of an event and say how an author may be attempting to persuade or give a specific view point and why there may be different interpretations of events.
- Describe a key event from Britain’s past using a range of sources.
- Pose and answer their own historical questions.
As a Scientist, I can:
- recognise that light appears to travel in straight lines
- use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye
- explain that we see things because light travels from light sources to our eyes or from light sources to objects and then to our eyes
- use the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them
As an Artist / Designer, I can:
- Prepare and cook a dish using a range of cooking techniques.
- Understand seasonality and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed.
The British value we will be focusing on is democracy.
As a Rights & Respecting school we will be looking at article 14- The rule of law.
Our Influential person is...Queen Elizabeth II
Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; 21 April 1926 – 8 September 2022) was Queen of the United Kingdom and of 14 other sovereign countries from 6 February 1952 until her death. Her reign of 70 years and seven months was the longest of any British monarch.
YEAR 6GA: News items
YEAR 6GA: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
YEAR 6GA: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
YEAR 6GA: Events items
There are no Events items to display
Crosslee Primary School
Manchester, M9 6TG
0161 795 8493Email us